A logistics company is looking for professional and experienced Code 8/10 and 14 Drivers for the Durban / Johannesburg / Cape Town. Requirements are as follows:
- Matric (not essential but advantageous)
- 3 – 5 years’ solid experience driving truck – code 10
- Presentable, well spoken and professional
- Must be willing to work on contract basis
- Must have valid license with PDP
Payrate is R45 – R49 per hour.
- Carry out routine checks on vehicles and ensure they are sound
- Recognize electrical and mechanical faults and report to the employer or technician
- Report any instance of mishap or accident to the dispatcher or supervisor
- Perform periodic maintenance on vehicles, such as changing batteries and motor oil at appropriate time, as well as refuelling the car(s).
- Report any case of accident, injury or damage of vehicles to the supervisor or manager
- Keep all records, including receipts for vehicle maintenance
- Keep up a travel log to record areas travelled to, travel time, and work hours
- Dress professionally and in accordance with company’s dress code
- SA citizen, English speaking, honest and hardworking
- Be able to operate TLB
- Load and unload building material or related
- Precisely finish all paper work connected with conveyance of material or related
- Transport products, materials, and staff securely to areas where they are needed
- Guarantee that products and staff are protected and secured
- Ensure timely conveyance of staff and materials to and from places as instructed by supervisor or the manager
- Ensure that vehicles are kept perfect and clean at all times by washing both the inside and outside parts of the vehicle
Babylonstoren has an exciting opportunity for a long-haul code 10 driver to become part of the Online team based in Cape Town.
Experience and qualifications
- Experience with long-haul truck driving (1000km+)
- English and Afrikaans speaking
- Code 10 Driver’s licence
- Forklift license advantageous
- Friendly and considerate
- Team player
- Good communication skills
- Hard working
- Transportation of stock between Cape Town and Johannesburg
- Completing deliveries within a certain timeframe
- Loading of stock in truck
- Driving an 8 ton truck
- Available to work on Saturdays/Sundays
- Loading of delivery truck as per invoice.
- Delivery of all orders to customers timeously.
- Delivery route to be followed as set out by route planning.
- Debriefing and return of all signed invoices.